Court heard a reluctant eyewitness in the Boxing Day shooting of Jane Creba testify that she saw virtually nothing that terrible night.

But police wiretap recordings had her saying that J.S.R., on trial for second-degree murder, had "nothing to do with it."

Asked Wednesday to explain why she seemed to know so much then and so little now, she testified, "I don't want to be talking about anybody, to tell the truth."

The defence accused her of withholding crucial information to avoid being labelled a "snitch."

The young woman -- now 20, but 17 at the time of the Dec. 26, 2005 incident, so she can't be identified without her consent --had been hanging out with a group of young men in the Eaton Centre that then moved up to the Foot Locker store near Yonge and Elm Streets.

One of those young men included J.S.R. Now 20, J.S.R. can't be fully named because he was 17 years old at the time of the alleged offences. Besides one count of second-degree murder, he faces six counts of attempted murder and five weapons charges.

The young woman told court that all she saw outside the Foot Locker store was a man the trial knows to be Jeremiah Valentine with something up his sleeve talking to a white man.

She urged her one of her girlfriends to leave.

"All I can say is I had a bad feeling. Just something told me that something's not right and I just went with my feeling," she told prosecutor Kerry Hughes.

Moments later, she said she heard gunshots and ran. Court also heard she went clubbing with a friend after the shootings.

"I don't know," she said, when asked why she did that.

The defence suggested Tuesday that Valentine fired a shot from a .357 Magnum revolver that killed Creba.

J.S.R. isn't accused of directly killing Creba, but of participating in the gun battle that led to her death. Under advances in Canadian criminal law, J.S.R. could be convicted of murder if the Crown proves he participated in a gunfight and another person returned fire that struck and killed a bystander.

Valentine is also charged with second-degree murder in connection with Creba's death. He will go on trial sometime in 2009.

The trial also heard that Creba, a 15-year-old girl from Riverdale out shopping with her sister, died after being shot through her heart.

Dr. Jacqueline Parai performed the post-mortem exam on Creba.

She testified that the bullet entered Creba's back, hit the aorta and esophagus and exited the front of the girl's neck.

However, the forensic pathologist said she couldn't say for certain that Creba had been crouching when she had been shot.