Ford's office confirms mayor received new death threat
The Canadian Press
Published Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:41PM EDT
TORONTO - Rob Ford's office says the Toronto mayor has received threats, the second such incident in less than a month.
Press secretary Adrienne Batra confirmed the new threats in an email to The Canadian Press.
She says Toronto Police and city security staff are dealing with the threats "in an appropriate manner."
News reports say police have charged a Toronto man with sending death threats in messages to Ford's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
The mayor told reporters last month that an alleged death threat was made against him over the city's 311 help line.
A 56-year-old man was charged with one count of threatening death after the phone call was received July 14.