Tenants evacuated after carbon monoxide scare
Published Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:01AM EST
Residents of a Toronto apartment building are happy to be safe after carbon monoxide was detected on the ground floor.
The building, located at Lakeshore and Parklawn Avenues, was briefly evacuated after the odourless and deadly gas set off a detector.
Toronto police tell Toronto.ctv.ca that the problems began after some heating equipment malfunctioned.
The problem was fixed before the building's tenants could board several TTC buses that were brought in to shelter them from the cold.
Authorites said no one was injured as a result of the carbon monoxide.