Articles by Katherine DeClerq
- Alleged anti-cyclist road rage incident caught on camera
- Number of Ontario forest fires doubled compared to same time last year
- A third of Ontarians approve of Doug Ford, poll finds
- Ontario government passes bill to dissolve Peel Region
- Ontario could be at risk of energy shortfall this summer, report finds
- Ontario bill giving cities power to expand boundaries for housing passes
- 5 controversial moments from Doug Ford’s first year after re-election
- Large part of Ontario now under provincial fire ban
- Doug Ford will attend York Pride parade amid flag controversy
- Ontario may have to pay $2.7B in retroactive wages if they lose Bill 124 appeal
Katherine DeClerq is a Multi-Platform Writer covering breaking local and provincial politics from the newsroom and Queen's Park.
DeClerq has played a critical role in the newsroom's COVID-19 coverage and has reported on a variety of other topics including federal and provincial elections, the Raptors' 2019 NBA championship run, and immunization rates within Toronto schools.
Prior to joining CTV News Toronto in 2018, DeClerq worked in multiple local and national newsrooms, including the Toronto Star and Maclean's Magazine, covering day-to-day news and writing feature profiles.
DeClerq holds a master’s degree in Journalism from Ryerson University, and a combined bachelor’s degree in Political Science and History from the University of Ottawa.
She lives in Toronto and speaks both English and French.
Follow her on Twitter: @KateDeClerq