Firefighters battle Bowmanville restaurant blaze
Firefighters battled a major blaze that broke out at a restaurant in Bowmanville late Monday morning.
The fire started Monday at the Double Dragon Delights restaurant, located at 109 King St. W., which is at the intersection of Scugog Street and Durham Highway 2.
Aerial images from the CTV News helicopter showed the flames breaking through the roof and heavy smoke pouring off.
All five fire stations in Clarington responded to the blaze. Chief Gordon Weir of Clarington Fire and Emergency Services told CTV News that both the restaurant and a driver's education building operating out of the building were both successfully evacuated.
The fire spread through the entire restaurant and the roof collapsed, he said.
The owner of Double Dragon Delights said a deep fryer caught on fire.