Man re-arrested after Toronto woman gunned down in Calgary
Published Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:34PM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:35PM EDT
A man has been re-arrested in connection with the shooting death of a Toronto woman outside a Calgary bar last weekend.
Calgary Police say he was taken into custody Tuesday night in the Ranchlands neighbourhood, in the 6600 block of Ranchview Drive NW. He has been charged with the reckless use of a firearm.
Police had previously arrested him along with other men in a hotel in the city's northwest end after the shooting. The other men were released on Tuesday. A fourth man, who was arrested earlier this week in connection with the shooting, remains in custody on a Canada-wide warrant for an attempted murder in Toronto.
Police have previously said the men have no connection with the victim other than the fact that they were are all from Toronto.
Natasha Mohamed Farah, 26, was standing with her friends in the city's Beltline district early Saturday morning when multiple shots were fired. Farah was hit by a stray bullet and died of her injuries.
Staff-Sgt. Michael Cavilla with Calgary's homicide unit said many people were standing outside the club at the time of the shooting and that Farah was an innocent bystander. “What the intention of the gunmen were, we don’t know yet,” he told reporters on Wednesday. He said police believe that there was more than gunmen involved in the shooting.
Farah had moved to Calgary approximately a year ago and was pursuing a career in public relations.
Her family flew from Toronto recently to bury her.
Natasha Mohamed Farah, 26, of Toronto, is seen in this undated photograph .