Carnival parade expected to cause downtown traffic delays
Published Friday, August 3, 2012 2:22PM EDT
Last Updated Friday, August 3, 2012 6:10PM EDT
Several major downtown roadways will be closed Saturday and early Sunday morning due to the Caribbean Carnival Parade, one of several closures this long weekend.
Lake Shore Boulevard West will be closed in both directions from Strachan Avenue to Colborne Lodge Drive starting at 1 a.m. Saturday until 6 a.m. on Sunday
Spectators can catch the parade for free by lining up along the Lakeshore Parade route.
The TTC will offer express bus service running from the northwest corner of Bay and Front Streets to the eastern entrance to the Exhibition grounds. The return direct bus will drop customers off at St. Andrew station.
Below is a list of what will be open and closed Monday.
- Government offices and banks
- No mail delivery
- Major attractions such as the CN Tower, Toronto Zoo, ROM, Science Centre and Canada’s Wonderland
- LCBO stores—check the store locator to see if one will be open near you.
- Eaton Centre (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Vaughan Mills (10 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Yorkdale (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Scarborough Town Centre (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
The TTC will be running on Sunday service with a 6 a.m. start.
GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule with train service on the Lakeshore, Barrie and Niagara corridors and bus service on the Kitchener, Milton and Stouffville lines.