Road closures for Pan Am Games prep, opening ceremony
Published Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:21PM EDT Last Updated Friday, July 10, 2015 7:25AM EDT
The Pan Am Games torch relay route for Friday, July 10 is shown. (Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games)
Several Toronto roads will be temporarily closed as the Pan Am Games torch reaches its final destination for the opening ceremony.
The Pan Am torch is completing the final leg of its 41-day journey, after making stops in Calgary, Halifax, Richmond, B.C., Winnipeg, Ottawa and dozens of other communities.
According to police, there will be a significant number of officers in the area to assist the movement of traffic.
Residents and businesses in the affected areas will still be able to access their premises.
The following closures will take effect from 1 p.m. to 12 a.m.:
- Eastbound lanes, Front Street, from Blue Jays Way to Simcoe Street
- Westbound lanes, Front Street, from Blue Jays Way to Simcoe Street
The following closures will take effect from 3 p.m. to 12 a.m.:
- Westbound lanes, Bremner Boulevard, from the Metro Toronto Convention Centre driveway to Van De Water Crescent
- Eastbound lanes, Bremner Boulevard, from Van De Water Crescent to Lower Simcoe Street
- Northbound lanes, Rees Street, from Lakeshore Boulevard to Bremner Boulevard
- The Rees Street chute from Lake Shore Boulevard will be closed
The following closures will take effect from 5:45 p.m. to 12 a.m.:
- Front Street, continuing on to Wellington Street from Cherry Street to John Street
- John Street from Wellington Street to Front Street
- Front Street from John Street to Parliament Street
- Parliament Street from Front Street to Lake Shore Boulevard
- Lake Shore Boulevard to Cherry Street
- Cherry Street from Front Street to Villiers Street
- Villiers Street, in both directions, from Cherry Street the Don Roadway