Mississauga shooting leaves one male injured
Joshua Freeman, CTV News Toronto
Published Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:02AM EDT
Last Updated Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:48PM EDT
A 23-year-old man was injured and two others were taken into custody after a late-night shooting in the garage of a condominium complex in Mississauga.
Peel police responded to the area of Duke of York Boulevard and Burnhamthorpe Road at around 11 p.m. Monday after receiving several calls about shots being fired.
Several males fled in a vehicle, but were quickly located by officers.
“As our officers were in the area continuing the investigation, they located several males in a vehicle that matched the description of the persons responsible for the shooting,” Const. Akhil Mooken told CP24. “Those males fled, however our officers were able to quickly apprehend two of them.”
Two males were taken into custody at the scene and three firearms were recovered, police said.
“A short time later a 23-year-old man arrived at a Toronto-area hospital with apparent gunshot wounds and we were notified of that by our colleagues at Toronto police,” Mooken said.
The man’s injuries were described as non-life-threatening and he was later released.
One of the men taken into custody is now facing firearms-related offences, Mooken said.
Police say two other males are outstanding in connection with the shooting. There is no description for either of them so far.