Dog electrocuted at hydro pole near High Park
Published Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:11PM EST
For the second time in just three months, a dog has been electrocuted while out for a walk near High Park.
The dog, a five-year-old labrador-poodle, instantly began convulsing after he stepped on a live wire jutting out from a metal plate at the base of a hydro pole.
The dog's owner called 911 at around 2 a.m. from the scene at Baird Park, close to Keele and Annette Street. Firefighters tried to resuscitate the animal but were unable to save it.
In November a German Shepherd was electrocuted in the same neighbourhood. He, too, was frolicking around a light pole.
Toronto Hydro inspected the area for safety hazards and has deemed the area safe.