Principal at Jordan Manners' school suspended
Published Friday, June 29, 2007 8:38AM EDT
The principal and two vice-principals at the Toronto high school where Jordan Manners was fatally shot last month have been suspended with pay, pending a police investigation.
The allegations against the three administrators at C.W. Jefferys Collegiate Institute in North York stem from alleged incidents last October, The Globe and Mail reports.
Toronto District School Board chairwoman Sheila Ward says she doesn't know if the investigation is related to the May 23 shooting of the 15-year-old student.
Ward also declined to comment on whether the allegations were criminal in nature, but noted they emerged during the independent panel led by lawyer Julian Falconer, which was set up to uncover the root causes of the incident.
Ward said the administrators were suspended late Wednesday and are not allowed near the school.
They will be on "home assignment" until the police investigation and subsequent board investigation is complete, The Globe reports.
Ward told the newspaper that until the allegations are dismissed or proven in court, principal Charis Newton-Thompson and vice-principals Stan Gordon and Silvio Tallevi will stay on paid leave -- a standard procedure after credible allegations surface.