Articles by Kayla Goodfield
- Hate-motivated charges laid after more than $140K worth of damage sustained to Toronto church, nearby businesses
- Ontario logs more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases for fifth day in a row
- Former Toronto police Chief Mark Saunders appointed special advisor in redevelopment of Ontario Place
- 26-year-old woman gets house arrest for Markham, Ont. hit-and-run that left father of 3 dead
- Ontario records fewer than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases for third straight day
- Nearly 6,000 people watched as verdict in Toronto van attack was delivered on YouTube livestream
- Ontario announces further steps in crackdown of Toronto-area's notorious tow truck industry
- Toronto-area mother and son charged after police seize crack cocaine and fentanyl worth $20K
- Starting Monday, Hamilton will begin vaccinating residents 85+ and York Region will allow residents 80+ to book appointment
- Ontario records more than 1,200 new COVID-19 cases, marking fourth daily increase
Kayla Goodfield is a Multi-Platform Writer for CTV News Toronto, who has been covering breaking local news across the GTA since 2016.
With a special interest in crime and courts, Goodfield has covered several high-profile cases, including the murders of billionaire Toronto couple Honey and Barry Sherman, the beating of Dafonte Miller by an off-duty Toronto cop and the investigation into serial killer Bruce McArthur.
In 2018, Goodfield contributed coverage of the Toronto van attack for CP24.com, which was recognized by RTDNA Canada with the Charlie Edwards Award for Breaking News.
She also covered the Toronto Raptors’ championship run and parade in 2019.
Prior to joining CTV News Toronto, Goodfield worked as a Digital Journalist at CP24.
Goodfield attended Ryerson University, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
She speaks English.
Follow her on Twitter: @KaylaGoodfield