Former Ont. PC leader Patrick Brown calls allegations 'absolute lies'
Ontario Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown leaves Queen's Park after a press conference in Toronto on Wednesday, January 24, 2018. Brown announced the decision in a statement issued early Thursday morning, following a hastily-called news conference in which the Progressive Conservative leader "categorically'' denied what he called "troubling allegations'' about his conduct and his character. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Aaron Vincent Elkaim
The Canadian Press
Published Friday, February 9, 2018 11:24PM EST
Former Ontario Progressive Conservative leader Patrick Brown says he's contemplating legal action to restore his reputation in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations, which he calls "absolute lies."
Brown, who had already strongly denied the allegations, gave his first interview since stepping down from his position last month to the Postmedia news agency.
In what the outlet calls an "emotional interview," Brown compares his experience of being accused of sexual misconduct to "getting hit by a truck."
He says the incidents alleged by two women in a CTV News report "didn't happen," and he suggests being forced to resign as leader just months before a provincial election was akin to "frontier justice."
Brown told Postmedia he's "strongly considering a legal recourse."
The former PC leader broke his silence earlier in the week with a brief message posted on Twitter, saying he was "immensely grateful" for the support he and his family received.
His sister, Stephanie Brown, has also denounced the allegations, which have not been verified by The Canadian Press, as a "political hit."