What's open, what's closed on the August 2019 long weekend
What's open and closed on the August long weekend. (File Image)
The August long weekend is here and with sunny skies and warm temperatures in the forecast for the most part, it’s bound to be a busy one across the Greater Toronto Area.
Here is a list of what is open, what’s closed for the holiday Monday:
- Most tourist attractions, including Ontario Place, Canada’s Wonderland, the CN Tower, the Ontario Science Centre, Ripley’s Aquarium, the Royal Ontario Museum, and the Toronto Zoo.
- Some malls, including the Eaton Centre (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.), Square One (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.), Vaughan Mills (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and Pacific Mall (11 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- City parks, beaches, splash pads, outdoor pools and golf courses
- GO Transit and the TTC will be operating on a Saturday schedule
- Movie theatres
- Select LCBO and Beer Store locations
- Some malls
- Post offices
- Government offices
- Indoor pools and community centres