TTC launches new express bus routes
Codi Wilson, CTV Toronto
Published Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:55AM EDT
Last Updated Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:58AM EDT
The TTC is rolling out several new express bus routes across the city.
As part of previously promised transit improvements, Mayor John Tory announced Thursday that several new express bus routes are now running.
Speaking to reporters at Kipling Station Thursday, the mayor said the new routes are part of his administration’s efforts to expand transit across the city.
The new express buses are part of the $95 million public transit investment city council made in 2015.
The routes with new or enhanced regular-fare express service include:
• 24E Victoria Park Express (Victoria Park Station to Steeles Avenue)
• 185 Don Mills Rocket (Pape Station to Steeles Avenue)
• 186 Wilson Rocket (York Mills Station to Humber College)
• 188 Kipling South Rocket (Kipling Station to Lake Shore Boulevard)
• 199B Finch Rocket (York University to Scarborough Centre Station via Finch Station)
• 199C Finch Rocket (Finch Station to Morningside Heights)