Skip to main content

Third teen pleads guilty in death of homeless Toronto man

Share

A third girl accused in the death of a homeless Toronto man has pleaded guilty.

The teen, who was 13 at the time of the incident, pleaded guilty this morning to manslaughter in the death of Kenneth Lee.

Police have alleged Lee, who was 59 and living in the city's shelter system, died after he was swarmed and stabbed by a group of girls in December 2022.

Eight girls between the ages of 13 and 16 were arrested shortly afterward and charged with second-degree murder.

A judge recently committed six of them to stand trial on second-degree murder and two on the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Two other girls have previously pleaded guilty in the case — one to manslaughter and the other to assault causing bodily harm and assault with a weapon.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 17, 2024.

CTVNews.ca Top Stories

These Picassos prompted a gender war at an Australian gallery. Now the curator says she painted them

They were billed as artworks by Pablo Picasso, paintings so valuable that an Australian art museum’s decision to display them in an exhibition restricted to women visitors provoked a gender discrimination lawsuit. The paintings again prompted international headlines when the gallery re-hung them in a women’s restroom to sidestep a legal ruling that said men could not be barred from viewing them.

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez publicly list their house for sale

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez have added a tiny bit of fuel to the fire surrounding their marriage. Amid speculation that the pair are struggling in their relationship after marrying about two years ago, the couple has listed their 12-bedroom, 24-bathroom California home for sale.

Stay Connected