Toronto News | Weather & Traffic | CTV News Toronto
Teen stabbed multiple times with screwdriver while being robbed in Toronto
Police tape is seen in this undated photo.
TORONTO -- A 19-year-old man robbed by a group of men while walking downtown was stabbed numerous times with a screwdriver, police say.
Police said the victim was walking on Front Street near John Street around 12:25 a.m. on Tuesday when he came across a group of five men who assaulted and robbed him.
The man was stabbed multiple times in the upper body with a screwdriver during the assault, police said.
He was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
The five suspects allegedly involved in the robbery are described by police as being:
1. Black, under six feet, wearing a dark long-sleeved shirt, khaki pants and wearing a white surgical mask
2. White, under six feet, wearing a long-sleeved hooded shirt, dark-coloured shorts backwards ball cap, carrying a black Air Jordan satchel across the chest, white sneakers and black socks
3. White, under six feet, wearing a gold chain, black t-shirt, black ball cap worn side-ways, dark pants and carrying a coloured satchel bag
4. Black, approximately six feet, black hair, wearing a white t-shirt with dark markings on it and blue jeans light-coloured sneakers
5. White, approximately six feet, blond hair, wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans with a rip on the right knee, dark sneakers and was wearing a dark-coloured knapsack
Anyone with information is being urged to contact police at 416-808-5200 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS.