Police have released security video footage in the hopes of locating two men suspected to be involved in a shooting on Saturday that claimed the life of a 19-year-old man.

The video shows two men, one dressed in black with a large gold crucifix and one dressed in white, entering Dr. Flea's market on Highway 27.

Police believe the man in black pulled the trigger, while the man in white was an accomplice to the shooting death.

Once inside, a dispute erupted between the two men and the shooting victims, who left shortly after.

"There was a fight inside the flea market, there was a dispute, there were fisticuffs exchanged. Both parties stopped and both parties exited the flea market through separate doors," Homicide Squad Staff Inspector Brian Raybould said during a press conference on Tuesday.

It is believed the suspects got into their SUV and followed Jose Hierro Saez, 19, and his friends to John Garland Boulevard where he was shot in the head in broad daylight.

Three other men riding in Saez's car, 20-year-old Moustaffa Omar and 18-year-olds Paddy McFinn and Matthew Dale were also hit by gunfire. They were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Investigators said they don't have reason to believe the incident is gang-related.

Saez, who lived in the Jamestown complex in Rexdale, is described by family and friends as a quiet man with no enemies.

The three surviving victims of the shooting are refusing to co-operate with police.

"We definitely believe there are people in that neighbourhood who have information to solve this case very rapidly," Raybould said.

Residents in the Rexdale community were also reluctant to speak with the media on the weekend. Some said they stick to the "no snitching" code of silence because they don't trust police and fear retaliation.

Toronto police have been frustrated with similar investigations recently.

Omar Wellington, 17, was beaten to death by a group of people in the Flemingdon Park area last summer in front of many witnesses of a nearby apartment building, but they too refused to come forward and co-operate with police.

It wasn't until nine months later that police received crucial information and were able to make a number of arrests in the grisly gang-related murder.

Last summer, anti-snitch T-shirts circulated through the gang and gun-plagued Jane and Finch community.

The shirts threatened witnesses to crimes. They read: "If you give tips on guns and gang crime, you'll end up missing!" and "Stop snitching or end up in Sunnybrook."

With a report from CTV Jim Junkin