Police make arrest in Bloor St. W. shooting
Toronto police have made an arrest in connection with a late September shooting incident at Shaw Street and Bloor Street West.
The incident occurred Sept. 25 at about 3 a.m. Some people were out celebrating a birth at the Pero restaurant, which is near Christie Pits park.
The group left the restaurant and got into a car, when the suspect approached them.
"A verbal argument ensued and shots were fired," police said Thursday in a news release. "The victim, 30, was shot and rushed to hospital via emergency run."
He was described at the time as having suffered critical injuries.
Police say they arrested Tsegai Ghebreigziabiher, 26, of Toronto on Wednesday and charged him with the following:
- robbery while armed with firearm
- pointing a firearm
- attempted murder
- discharge firearm endanger life
- aggravated assault
- assault with weapon
- possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- firearm careless storage
- firearm careless use
- possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
- possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- unauthorized possession of a firearm
- possession of firearm contrary to prohibition order
He was to appear in court on Thursday morning.
No allegations against Ghebreigziabiher have been proven in a court of law.