Articles by Scott Lightfoot
- Toronto teen says she's 'in shock' after getting $4.1 million in scholarship offers
- 10-year-old twin boy identified as victim of chain-reaction crash in Niagara Region
- 'I'm a super lucky, healthy person': 80-year-old Toronto fitness trainer has no plans to slow down
- Ontario couple weds in hospital lobby after life-saving brain surgery
- 'They showed everyone belongs': Students' surprise holiday cards deliver more than seasonal cheer
- Ontario man living the dream hosting World Cup in Qatar
- 'We really need to laugh': Toronto's Second City opens its new venue
- 'Community isn’t just shaped by the adults': Oakville teen running for mayor
- Woman who's had Elton John's shoe for half a century to attend Toronto concert tonight
- Woman who's kept Elton John's shoe for half a century attends Toronto concert
Scott Lightfoot is a videojournalist who joined CTV News Torontoin 2011. Since joining the station, Lightfoot has covered some of the most significant stories in the city’s history, including the Yonge Street van attack, the mass shooting on the Danforth, and the arrest of serial killer Bruce McArthur.
Aside from hard news, Lightfoot enjoys bringing to life colourful stories about unique characters. Among his favourites are the IKEA monkey, Fashion Santa, and an RTDNA award-winning piece about a multi-million dollar miniature replica of Toronto.
Previously, Lightfoot worked as a reporter and producer at CTV News London.
Education comes naturally for this son of two teachers, though Lightfoot’s path saw him trade in report cards for reporting. A native of London, Ont., Lightfoot is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario with a B.A. in Media Information and Technoculture. He continued his education at Ryerson University, obtaining a Bachelor of Journalism with a broadcast specialty, and later returned to Ryerson to work with aspiring journalists in their final year of studies.
In his spare time, Lightfoot can be found exploring Toronto with camera in hand, and is on a quest to discover the best bakery in the GTA.He is not related to Gordon Lightfoot, but is asked about it daily.
He speaks English.
Follow him on Twitter: @slightfootCTV