Articles by Pat Foran
- Toronto woman 'horrified' after losing $95,000 to romance scam
- Ontario man says new truck had catalytic converter stolen at dealership
- Flying with a pet this summer? Here's why you should plan ahead
- Ontario man says medication he's been taking for a decade just quadrupled in price
- Instagram and Facebook to charge monthly fees for verified accounts
- 'I wanted to cry': Ontario woman to pay nearly $9,000 in damage to uninsured parked car
- How often should you wash your clothes? These are the top mistakes
- Looking for a side hustle? Don't get caught in an employment scam
- Ontario student pays nearly $3K for extended warranty on used luxury car, surprised repairs aren't covered
- Woman tries to sell phone on Kijiji, gets scammed out of $12K
Pat Foran is an award-winning videojournalist with CTV News Toronto and the host of the station’s popular feature segment “Consumer Alert”.
In this role, Foran has helped consumers recover millions of dollars, exposed scams, warned about unsafe products, and passed on countless money saving tips to the public. The thousands of phone calls, e-mails, and letters he receives prove there is an intense public interest in solid, trustworthy consumer information.
Prior to his role as CTV Toronto’s consumer advocate, Foran worked as a reporter for three different CTV affiliates, beginning in 1986. He covered many high profile stories, including the Paul Bernardo trial, and interviewed such notable figures as Sarah Ferguson, Wayne Gretzky, and John Candy. He’s been recognized with an Atlantic Journalism Award and Peel Police Award.
Off the air, Foran is an advocate for financial literacy, and was asked to serve on the Federal Government’s Financial Literacy Task Force from 2009-2011. Foran is also the author of four national bestselling books on consumer and financial issues. His latest, The Smart, Savvy Young Consumer, is designed to help young Canadians spend and save wisely.
Foran enjoys playing several sports such as hockey, golf, and tennis. He is also a proud father of three daughters.
Foran speaks English and graduated from Fanshawe College with a Diploma in Broadcast Journalism.
Follow him on Twitter: @PatForanCTVNews