Articles by Pat Foran
- 'I feel horrible': Ontario man denied theft coverage owes $55,000 for stolen truck
- Woman receives free gift, but signs contract for $7,000 vacuum cleaner
- Ontario couple en route to India forced to turn back due to document issue
- 'Cheap quality': Ontario woman says dresses she ordered online look completely different in real life
- Man gets $85 fine for trespassing picking up family at Toronto Pearson
- Ontario families still struggling with cost of baby formula. Here's why
- Ontario man told he owes $82,000 after his rental vehicle is stolen
- Buying a home but don’t have enough for down payment? You may have a new option
- Alcohol is about to get more expensive in Canada. Can the price hike be stopped?
- Overrun with boxes? When to hold them and when to fold them
Pat Foran is an award-winning videojournalist with CTV News Toronto and the host of the station’s popular feature segment “Consumer Alert”.
In this role, Foran has helped consumers recover millions of dollars, exposed scams, warned about unsafe products, and passed on countless money saving tips to the public. The thousands of phone calls, e-mails, and letters he receives prove there is an intense public interest in solid, trustworthy consumer information.
Prior to his role as CTV Toronto’s consumer advocate, Foran worked as a reporter for three different CTV affiliates, beginning in 1986. He covered many high profile stories, including the Paul Bernardo trial, and interviewed such notable figures as Sarah Ferguson, Wayne Gretzky, and John Candy. He’s been recognized with an Atlantic Journalism Award and Peel Police Award.
Off the air, Foran is an advocate for financial literacy, and was asked to serve on the Federal Government’s Financial Literacy Task Force from 2009-2011. Foran is also the author of four national bestselling books on consumer and financial issues. His latest, The Smart, Savvy Young Consumer, is designed to help young Canadians spend and save wisely.
Foran enjoys playing several sports such as hockey, golf, and tennis. He is also a proud father of three daughters.
Foran speaks English and graduated from Fanshawe College with a Diploma in Broadcast Journalism.
Follow him on Twitter: @PatForanCTVNews