Articles by Miriam Katawazi
- Former Mississauga, Ont. mayor Hazel McCallion dies at 101
- Sisters adopted into separate families find each other after 35 years
- Several road and transit closures in effect this weekend in Toronto
- New tax credits being introduced in Ontario. Check to see if you're eligible
- Ontario driver allegedly caught going 95km/h over the speed limit, police say
- Ontario teen allegedly caught going 60km/h over the speed limit, police say
- This is how to watch the Perseid meteor shower in Ontario
- Air Canada flight forced to land in Toronto after windshield cracks
- Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after being shot at vigil in Scarborough
- This is Toronto Pearson's new tip on how to save time at the airport
Miriam Katawazi is a Multi-Platform Writer at CTV News Toronto, writing breaking news and features.
Over the years, Katawazi has worked in various news roles both nationally and internationally. She’s worked with The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, CBC Ottawa, and CBC’s international bureau in London, England. She’s covered everything from major breaking news to inconspicuous stories waiting to be told.
Katawazi graduated from Carleton University with a double major in Human Rights and Journalism.
Katawazi is fluent in both English and Pashto, one of the two official languages of Afghanistan.
Follow her on Twitter: @MiriamKatawazi