Articles by Mike Walker
- TTC considers selling naming rights of stations
- Should homework be banned? Toronto students, parents weigh in
- Niagara College teaching brewery consistently winning national and international competitions
- Shortage of antibiotics, children’s medications continue, Ontario pharmacists say
- Tesla owners can now fully self drive in downtown Toronto
- Ontario toddler with RSV almost taken to U.S. hospital
- Tavares to play in Toronto Maple Leafs season opener
- Portion of fees for young Toronto hockey players given to Hockey Canada
- Toronto Blue Jays' Alek Manoah awarded $100K 'sportsmanship sponsorship' for defending teammate online
- 'It's about time': Ontario border towns optimistic over dropping of COVID-19 vaccine requirements
Mike Walker joined CTV Toronto in 2019 from CTV Barrie, where he'd been a Videographer since 2011.
Mike covers a wide range of stories which have included the Angus Tornado, two historical flooding events in cottage country and a massive pile-up on Highway 400.
His reports on the rescue of stranded anglers from an ice floe on Lake Simcoe and a severe spring storm in the region helped the station win the RTDNA Bert Cannings Award for Best Newscast in 2013 and 2014.
In 2018, Mike won a regional Edward R. Murrow Award for his series "The Final Mission." It focused on the discovery of the wreckage of Flight Sgt. Hugh Coles MacMillan's bomber that was shot down over Germany during the Second World War and the effort by volunteers decades later to honour the crew.
Mike's story on the return of the historic steamship S.S. Keewatin as it made its way back from Lake Michigan to its original home of Port McNicoll garnered national attention.
Along with reporting, he also jumps in to anchor, producer and web produce when needed.
Before joining the CTV Barrie team, Mike worked for Rogers TV in Oshawa.
Mike is a Toronto native and graduated from the Broadcast Journalism program at Seneca College.
He speaks English.
Follow him on Twitter: @MikeWalkerCTV