Articles by Katherine DeClerq
- Top things to know about the Ontario budget
- Ontario pharmacists to be given new prescribing powers
- Ontario aims to balance budget in 2025 despite largest spending plan in province's history
- Ontario manufacturers to get tax credit in 2023 budget
- Doug Ford sports new look after miscommunication with barber at Walmart
- Confirmed cases of avian flu in Brampton, Ont.
- Ontario’s 'responsible' budget will help province face uncertain times, finance minister says
- Ontario's sick day program expires next week. Here's what we know
- Ontario proposes new rules to protect jobs of military reservists
- Doug Ford continues to see low approval rating amid stag party controversy, report finds
Katherine DeClerq is a Multi-Platform Writer covering breaking local and provincial politics from the newsroom and Queen's Park.
DeClerq has played a critical role in the newsroom's COVID-19 coverage and has reported on a variety of other topics including federal and provincial elections, the Raptors' 2019 NBA championship run, and immunization rates within Toronto schools.
Prior to joining CTV News Toronto in 2018, DeClerq worked in multiple local and national newsrooms, including the Toronto Star and Maclean's Magazine, covering day-to-day news and writing feature profiles.
DeClerq holds a master’s degree in Journalism from Ryerson University, and a combined bachelor’s degree in Political Science and History from the University of Ottawa.
She lives in Toronto and speaks both English and French.
Follow her on Twitter: @KateDeClerq