Articles by Katherine DeClerq
- Ontario's sick day program expires next week. Here's what we know
- Ontario proposes new rules to protect jobs of military reservists
- Doug Ford continues to see low approval rating amid stag party controversy, report finds
- Ontario's integrity commissioner pauses probe into complaint over Ford stag party
- Toronto’s SmartTrack will cost an additional $234 million, report finds
- Two separate fires in Hamilton, Ont. cause $1.5M worth of damage
- What does the term 'quiet hiring' mean? These Toronto experts explain
- Ontario could see federal health-care funding deducted if patients are charged for care
- Ontario students will have to take a new course to graduate. Here’s what you need to know
- Teen charged after allegedly bringing replica firearm to Brampton school
Katherine DeClerq is a Multi-Platform Writer covering breaking local and provincial politics from the newsroom and Queen's Park.
DeClerq has played a critical role in the newsroom's COVID-19 coverage and has reported on a variety of other topics including federal and provincial elections, the Raptors' 2019 NBA championship run, and immunization rates within Toronto schools.
Prior to joining CTV News Toronto in 2018, DeClerq worked in multiple local and national newsrooms, including the Toronto Star and Maclean's Magazine, covering day-to-day news and writing feature profiles.
DeClerq holds a master’s degree in Journalism from Ryerson University, and a combined bachelor’s degree in Political Science and History from the University of Ottawa.
She lives in Toronto and speaks both English and French.
Follow her on Twitter: @KateDeClerq