Articles by Katherine DeClerq
- Large part of Ontario now under provincial fire ban
- Doug Ford will attend York Pride parade amid flag controversy
- Ontario may have to pay $2.7B in retroactive wages if they lose Bill 124 appeal
- Ontario government to fast track bill separating Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon
- 'Home on native land:' A new push to change O Canada's lyrics
- Animal advocates call for alternatives to coyotes, foxes in Ontario dog training areas
- Ontario handing out prepaid credit cards for people with a certain type of thermostat
- Gas prices in southern Ontario to spike to the highest level in months
- Doug Ford says Crombie running for Liberal leader is a 'slap in the face' to Mississauga
- 3-year-old who died in Ajax, Ont. drowned in backyard pool, police say
Katherine DeClerq is a Multi-Platform Writer covering breaking local and provincial politics from the newsroom and Queen's Park.
DeClerq has played a critical role in the newsroom's COVID-19 coverage and has reported on a variety of other topics including federal and provincial elections, the Raptors' 2019 NBA championship run, and immunization rates within Toronto schools.
Prior to joining CTV News Toronto in 2018, DeClerq worked in multiple local and national newsrooms, including the Toronto Star and Maclean's Magazine, covering day-to-day news and writing feature profiles.
DeClerq holds a master’s degree in Journalism from Ryerson University, and a combined bachelor’s degree in Political Science and History from the University of Ottawa.
She lives in Toronto and speaks both English and French.
Follow her on Twitter: @KateDeClerq