Articles by Beth Macdonell
- Toronto man frustrated after snow plow allegedly damages his condo every storm
- Asylum seekers bussed to Niagara Falls part of 'national approach' to ensure regions aren't too pressured, feds say
- Snowplow damage your vehicle? Without video evidence compensation may be out of reach
- 'It came from the heart': Ontario woman offers homeless man job on the spot, now working at farm
- Niagara Falls tourist district dealing with influx of thousands of relocated migrants
- Ontario couple says complaint prompted town to plow their sidewalk for 1st time in 10 years
- Toronto woman faces eviction after 36 years in same home because mother dies
- Man accused in fatal pushing attack on woman in Toronto refuses to appear in court
- Another Toronto home was almost fraudulently sold. This time the sale was stopped
- Regis Korchinski-Paquet's family holding toy drive and giveaway in her honour
Beth Macdonell joined CTV News Toronto as a videojournalist in November 2019. After covering news in Eastern and Western Canada, she returned to her hometown to tell stories.
Previously, Macdonell was a videojournalist with CTV News Winnipeg, where she reported on a wide range of topics including the rise of asylum seekers crossing the U.S.-Canada border, tornadoes and wildfires, and missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls.
Macdonell has worked as a reporter at CBC News in St. John’s N.L., and as a producer with Discovery Channel Canada and CTV News Channel. She also spent time at a radio station in Accra, Ghana. Macdonell is a graduate of McGill University with a B.A. in International Development Studies and the postgraduate journalism program at Humber College.
Macdonell is drawn to storytelling because she enjoys meeting and talking with people from all walks of life. When she’s not chasing down a story, Macdonell loves exploring the natural world. Depending on the season, you can often find her on the trails, cross-country skiing or hiking.
She speaks English and French.
Follow her on Twitter: @BethMacdonell