Child killed in garage fire started blaze: police
ADJALA-TOSORONTIO TOWNSHIP, Ont. - Police say a four-year-old boy who died Tuesday after being trapped in a burning garage near Alliston, Ont., accidentally started the fire himself.
The fire marshal released details of his scene investigation to the family of Brian Wilson, who was alone in the garage when the fire broke out.
Police say the boy's mother and her boyfriend were in the home adjacent to the garage at the time.
When police arrived at the scene in Adjala-Tosorontio Township, two volunteer firemen--a father and son--were pulling the child out of the garage.
The boy was rushed to hospital in nearby Alliston, just 15 minutes away, but he couldn't be revived.
Police say he died of smoke and hot air inhalation.