Santa Claus parade road closures
A photo of Santa Claus, taken during a Santa Claus Parade in Toronto in 2009.
Published Friday, November 16, 2012 5:08PM EST
Last Updated Friday, November 16, 2012 5:11PM EST
Santa Claus is coming to town for Toronto’s 108th Santa Claus Parade.
For those travelling into or around the city Sunday, here are a few road closures to take note of.
Parade formation starts at 6:30 a.m., closing Bloor Street West from Ossington Avenue to Christie Street.
The parade starts at 12:30 p.m. at the corner of Bloor and Christie Streets and will run south to Queens Park and University Avenue.
The parade will then head east on Wellington and down Church Street where the parade is expected to end on Front Street at 2:30pm.
Yonge Street will remain open for vehicles to access parking garages.
6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Bloor Street West: From Ossington to Christie Street
12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Queens Park Crescent East and University Avenue (all northbound lanes)
- Wellington Street West to Church Street
- Church Street down to Front Street
2:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. -- Parade Dispersal Area
- Front Street East – From Church Street to Jarvis Street
- Scott Street – From Wellington Street East to Front Street East