Right now: What you need to know in the GTA
Web Staff , CTV Toronto
Published Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:50AM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:55AM EDT
It’s October 19, 2016 and here’s what we’re chasing in the newsroom.
- The Bank of Canada rate announcement and updated economic outlook are expected today.
- Toronto police have confirmed one of two men injured in a drive-by shooting in Etobicoke last night has died in hospital.
- Police are investigating after two attempted robberies at two convenience stores in the downtown core overnight.
Another warm fall day ahead with a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 21 degrees expected.
- The east and west bound curb and centre lanes of Eglinton Avenue East and the north and south bound curb lanes of Bayview Avenue will be blocked for several weeks due to road work.
- East and west bound lanes on Bloor Street West will be occupied from Jane Street to South Kingsway today due to construction.
- WE Day takes place at the Air Canada Centre today, featuring world-renowned inspirational speakers and performers. The inaugural WE Day family event begins tonight at 6:15PM.
- Johann Johannsson performs at the Danforth Music Hall, beginning tonight at 7:00PM.