Ford cancels weight-loss challenge appearance
Published Monday, April 23, 2012 6:34PM EDT
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancelled his weekly weigh-in for the third time in five weeks on Monday.
The Mayor's Office announced the cancellation in a brief statement, saying the appearance would be rescheduled later. A spokesman later said Ford was feeling "under the weather" on Monday.
The weekly appearance, part of the mayor's "Cut the Waist Challenge," was cancelled two weeks ago without explanation.
Last week his appearance was met by two PETA activists wearing "lettuce bikinis" promoting a vegan diet.
Mayor Ford weighed in at 312 lbs, up one pound from last week but down from the 330 lbs he began the weight-loss challenge at in January.
The mayor's brother, Coun. Doug Ford, weighed in at 249 last week, down from the 275 lbs. at which he began the challenge.
Ford said his goal was to drop 50 lbs before their final weigh-in on June 18.